Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Marathon Taper Survival Kit

I wanted to do something special to mark the last 20+ mile long run for this training cycle. After fruitlessly searching Pinterest for ideas (I'm pretty sure if I'd shown up with avocado smoothies Patty & Amy would have kicked me out of the skirt brigade permanently), I went and wandered around the dollar store grabbing things I thought would be useful/amusing to be given at the beginning of a marathon taper.

The boxes I got at the dollar store were slightly too small for the stuff I wanted to cram in there, so I used the ribbon to hold the lids on:


Grumpy cat seemed appropriate:


So what's inside the box? WHAT'S INSIDE THE BOX??


A few essentials to get my friends through the taper. Fuzzy comfy socks seemed like something our feet might appreciate after all these weeks of long miles - I crammed two pairs into each box, one blue, one pink:


I totally stole an idea from something I got in the kit at the Run for the Toad, although I wasn't Pinterest inspired enough to print nice labels. It's Epsom salts:


Since I'm sure we'll all be convinced we're getting sick and/or injured during the taper, vitamin C tablets to act as a handy placebo, and of course ibuprofen, because duh.


 A little something calming for the 'OH MY GOD I HAVEN'T TRAINED ENOUGH' freakouts:


And finally, hand sanitizer for when we have to be around germy people:



What do you use to survive the taper? Personally I'm planning to do a lot of online window shopping.



3 comments:

  1. That's completely fabulous. Think you should sell those :)

    Happy taper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Emma...very cool idea and super thoughtful :) Enjoy the taper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love it! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete